A persuasive essay is a common assignment in high school and college, but students in middle school often have to write it
as well. The purpose of the essay is to choose an argument and try to persuade the reader to adopt it. Basically, you
have to use evidence to prove why you’re right. In many cases professors and teachers assign topics, but there
also comes the time when you have to choose them. How to choose the right topic? Scroll down to find out.
How to choose a Persuasive Essay Topic?
Every student is thrilled to have an opportunity to write an essay on a topic he or she chooses. Just imagine, you have all
the freedom in the world to write about anything you want. How exciting! You absolutely love the idea of choosing your
own topic, but later you can’t think of anything. All ideas seem to have perished and to say you’re frustrated
would be an understatement.
Sometimes lack of ideas is not the issue here, but the inability to choose one subject to discuss. Regardless of the situation,
you’re in right now, these tips will help you choose the right topic:
- Avoid common pitfalls – when trying to come up with an essay subject, most students think of whether their professor
would like it. You also debate if the topic is politically correct. Overthinking about these things doesn’t
allow you to choose the topic wisely. Remember, persuasive essay topics don’t have to be politically correct
all the time, they can be controversial. You don’t need to play it safe and choose titles your professor would
like. Experiment, be creative
- Choose a topic you’re passionate about – every person is passionate about something and you can use it to
your advantage. Take a few moments to think about things you like and find a way to incorporate them into your persuasive
essay. Your curiosity about the subject will keep you motivated to write an outstanding paper
- Brainstorm with other students – the main purpose of brainstorming is to generate ideas and choose your persuasive
essay topic faster. All students who gather around to brainstorm should suggest a few ideas. That way you’ll
have plenty of options
- Choose a current problem – just take a look at the world around you or visit some news website to read about current
affairs worldwide. So many things are going on which means you have tons of ideas to write about. The easiest way
to choose a persuasive essay topic is to discuss a current problem. For example, we live in the era of technology
and social media, and many essay topics revolve around them
- Be specific – choosing vague or broad topics doesn’t allow you to discuss your arguments in detail. That’s
why you should be more specific when you want to write about a certain subject
- Write it down – sometimes we think of tons of ideas, but forget them a few minutes later. Don’t let it happen
to you! Whenever you think of something that would be interesting for your persuasive essay, write it down in your
notebook or smartphone notes
Good Persuasive Essay Topics
- Children get trophies for everything and fail to learn how to work hard to achieve a goal
- College education should be free for everyone
- Daycare centers and school should refuse to enroll a child who was not vaccinated
- Do laws promote racial discrimination
- Do modern gender roles harm women
- If other countries need to ban nuclear weapons, then the United States should too
- If you do the crime, you should do the time
- Is monogamy natural?
- Is political correctness destroying movies and TV shows?
- Jury system does not work, judges should have all the power
- Most homosexual parents do not want their children to be straight
- Parents lie to their children but expect honesty
- Religion freedom is nonexistent for most people on the planet
- Smokers should pay a health tax
- Society is heading to Dark Ages again
- Society is too dependent on technology
- There is a fine line between freedom of speech and hate speech
- With Trump, the US is not a democratic country anymore
Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics
- Churches should pay taxes
- Customers’ complaints can help businesses improve and evolve
- Difference between good and evil is smaller than we think
- Energy drinks won’t boost your energy levels for long-term
- Felons who have completed their sentence should be allowed to vote
- Is Bermuda Triangle as creepy as we think it is?
- Is China a new superpower?
- Is the first impression of a person always right?
- It is impossible to ban animal testing entirely
- Optimism is infectious
- Parents should pay children for home chores
- Selfish kids become greedy and selfish adults
- Sexual desire defines human behavior
- Superhero movies are not “super” anymore
- The term “business ethics” is just an oxymoron
- Universal truth exists
Persuasive Essay Topics by Level:
Persuasive Essay Topics for Middle School
- Bullying requires harsher punishments
- Do school computers need internet filter?
- Kindness is cool
- Less homework improves a student’s performance in school
- Participating in school sports should be mandatory
- Reasons why every school should have school newspaper
- Should cyber bullies be punished by school authorities?
- Should teachers and students be friends on Facebook?
- Students need more food choices on their lunch menu
- Students who play sports for school’s team do not need to attend PE
- Violent games don’t make children abusive
- When are you old enough to stay home alone
Persuasive Essay Topics for High School
- A vast majority of teenagers have a negative body image and social media is to blame
- Art and music classes help students emotionally and enhance their creativity
- Being misunderstood leads to well-known teenage rebellion
- Death penalty is (not) justified
- Do bystanders have the responsibility to intervene when there is trouble?
- Do people complain too much lately?
- Humans are the biggest culprits for climate change
- Is wearing glasses at school cooler than it used to be?
- Should boys and girls have a hair code in school
- Should parents give teenagers their allowance or they have to earn it?
- Social media users are too sensitive and find everything offensive
- Students in high schools should wear uniforms
- Teen Mom and other shows that promote teen pregnancy should be banned
- Who influences teens the most?
- Why girls look up to Kim Kardashian, but not to truly impressive women who changed the course of history
College Persuasive Essay Topics
- Are digital photos too plentiful to be meaningful?
- College beauty contests should not be encouraged
- College education in the United States needs reformation
- Dunkin’ Donuts ditched artificial food coloring. Why others have to do the same as well
- eSports are on the rise, but should we really call video game playing a sport?
- Feminism today lost much of its original purpose
- Genders are not equally represented in politics
- Identity theft is a major problem in online world
- Is stem cell therapy ethical
- Is the term “cultural appropriation” overused lately?
- Online education is just as good as classroom learning
- People have been migrating from one place to another for centuries, why Trump wants to stop it
- Smartphone use impairs focus and concentration, should not be allowed in schools
- Students should think twice before posting something on social media; the wrong post could hurt their academic and professional
- Textbooks have become obsolete and should be replaced by iPads
- ZOOs protect members of different animal species from extinction
Funny Persuasive Essay Topics
- Coffee and parking should be included in college tuition fee
- Dogs have owners, cats have servants
- Guys gossip more than girls do
- How to look busy at work?
- How to look like you’re paying attention during class
- Leggings do not count as pants
- Let’s face it; spam email is more interesting than “real” email
- Lion is king of the jungle and all animals, but cats rule the internet
- Men should never wear skinny jeans
- Men take selfies more than women
- People love watching shark shows, and they side with a shark
- Vegetarians do not like really like animals, they steal their food
- Wearing braces is more interesting than it seems, they scare strangers
- When things go wrong, blame your horoscope
Easy Persuasive Essay Topics
- Breastfeeding should (not) be allowed in public
- Exams do not match a student’s abilities and skills in modern classrooms
- Exposing children to reality TV shows teaches them wrong values
- Parents must be held accountable for a child’s obesity and poor health if they do not promote healthy diet
- Public school cafeterias should not serve French fries to children
- Since children cannot go to jail for illegal deeds their parents should go to jail
- Soda beverages should not be sold to children in restaurants
- The purpose of the internet is to help us communicate and change our lives
Persuasive Essay Examples
It’s not uncommon for students, or people in general, to question their writing skills. A common belief
states you’re either born with it or not. The reality is entirely different. The more you practice,
the better your skills. Practice makes perfect, but you need a little bit of motivation. Here’s the
persuasive essay example to get inspired and start practicing.
Persuasive Essay Help
Persuasive essays are very interesting particularly because you get to act like a lawyer who’s trying to convince the
jury the defendant is guilty or not guilty. Although fun, the writing process is still a demanding task. It requires
perfect organization, sentence structure, vocabulary skills, and other factors necessary for good grades. Regardless
of one’s writing skills, all of us need some help from time to time. Here are different ways you can make persuasive
essay writing easier. Improve your paper. Raise your grades!
All the above-mentioned tips and tricks generate a multitude of ideas, but sometimes you don’t have enough time for
that. What to do then? Don’t worry; Edusson Magic Help will solve this problem easily. The platform features
a topic generator that you can use to find a title within a few minutes only. All you have to do is to specify the
type of essay and area of interest. Scroll down, read titles, and choose the one you like the most. It’s easy.
Need motivation for the writing process? Everyone does and there’s nothing wrong about that. Due to stress, lack
of sleep, and other factors, our mind loses its sharpness from time to time. As a result, it becomes difficult to focus
and get motivated. Edusson Magic Help provides all the motivation you need. Use the platform to check persuasive
essay samples about a variety of subjects.
You finished writing the persuasive essay? Well done! Now you just have to proofread and edit the paper before sending it
to your professor. This process can take hours, right? Not with RobotDon essay checker! Just copy and paste your paper
to receive a detailed analysis. This cute little robot will show plagiarism score, essay structure mistakes, fluff, and
other problems you can fix for a better grade.