We have all had that moment where you show up on a test day way under prepared, and there is no worse feeling than knowing you are about to bomb it. Maybe it was a night out for a friend’s birthday that you just couldn’t miss, a date night with your significant other, or maybe you just didn’t feel like studying. Whatever the reason is, sometimes you just have to cheat to save your grade.
Here are 49 ways to save you on test day when you prepared less than you should have. And don’t lose too much sleep at night, a 2010 Rutgers University study found that 64% of college students cheat, so you aren’t alone.
1. Cheat Sheet – Keep it old school and jot down some notes on an index card, or on the back of your calculator. This can be combined with many methods below.
2. Note in a Bottle – Write your cheats on the inside of a bottle wrapper, you can discreetly peek at the inside, and your teacher won’t suspect a thing.
3. Ear Piece Method – Go 007 on this test and put a tiny ear piece in your ear that has a blue tooth connection with your phone, and have the lectures, or answers prerecorded so you can get that perfect score.
4. Text-A-Friend – This one is tricky, so make sure you are discreet so you don’t get caught. Have a friend, who has access to the Internet, or your class notes, and have them text you the answers to any questions that you have. Have some sort of shorthand prepared so you can be quick to get the messages out so you can remain uncaught.
5. Temporary Tattoo – Give yourself some ink and write the notes on your hand, or inside forearm. This one works best if you have a long sleeve shirt, or sweatshirt on that you can use to cover your new “tattoo”.
6. Online Paper – This tip is more for an essay test. You can go online (there are many services available) and search for a company that has essay writers for hire. You tell them the topic, how long it needs to be, and they will type out the essay for you, for a price. Make sure you put the essay into some sort of verification to make sure the essay isn’t plagiarized. If the essay is an in class essay, then you can memorize the essay or write it down on a cheat sheet.
7. Mechanical Pencil Hack – Sneak a cheat sheet into the testing room with this clever tip. Roll a tiny cheat sheet up and stuff it into the barrel.
8. Sneak a Peek – Tried and true method. Look at the person next to you to see what they answer. Just make sure they are a good student, or you may still fail.
Essay Editors that may help
9. Google It – This one is pretty self explanatory, take a discreet peek or go to the bathroom and check the all knowing Google for the answer.
10. Behind Enemy Lines – If a friend is taking the test before you, have them take a picture of the test so you can get the answers before hand. Let’s just hope that they don’t get caught and turn this into a college edition of “Saving Private Ryan”.
11. Smart Watch – Have your answers written in notes on your phone, and bring them up on your smart watch. “Oh, just checking the time teacher”.
12. Rubber Band It – Stretch out a rubber band and write the answers on it. Once it goes back down to size, you won’t be able to see the answers and you can expand it when needed.
13. Study While you Sleep – Play the lectures on repeat while you sleep, when you wake up you will remember the lecture and will be able to ace the test.
14. Tiny Booklet – Print tiny text on paper and print it out. Cut into little squares and make a mini-book.
15. Eraser Method – Write the answers on a large eraser, if the teacher is catching on, just erase the answers off.
16. Smart Pen – Believe it or not, there are MP3 pens. Use it to your advantage and have the answers saved on the pen.
17. Eraser Method V2 – Cut a slit into the eraser and slide your notes inside.
18. Rubber Soul – Write the answers on the rubber part of your shoe and peek, as needed.
19. Hat Trick – Stuff the notes on the inside of your hat, pretend to stretch and retrieve the intel.
20. Hat Trick V2 – Write the notes physically on the bill of your hat or on the inside. Set the hat down when you need the notes.
21. Soul Searching – Look around the room like you are checking the time, and use clues around the room to help with the answers. You would be surprised at what you’ll find on the diagrams around the classroom.
22. Need to Pee – Use this excuse to get to the bathroom. Once there you can use your phone, or talk to a friend to cheat.
23. Thigh Hold – Place the notes between your clenched thighs. The teacher won’t suspect a thing.
24. Buddy System – Partner with a friend and cheat off of each other. Two heads are better than one.
25. Split the Load – This is to be used with the buddy system. Study half of the test, and have a friend study the other, sit next to each other and you will have a better chance at an “A”.
26. Sign Language – Communicate with hand gestures with a friend to help each other with answers.
27. Morse Code – Pretend that you are fidgety, but use taps to communicate with a friend for answers. One tap is A, two taps means B, etc.
28. A-Choo, B-Choo, C-Choo – Have a friend do fake sneezes with the answers in the sneeze, think “Ca-Choo” for the answer “C”.
29. Gum Wrapper Method – Write the answers on the inside of a gum wrapper.
30. Dress Up – Dress up for the test with a Tie and use the back of it to scribble down answers on.
31. Calculator App – Use a fake calculator app, and when you’re taking the test, bring up the notes.
32. Bookmark – Write the answers on a bookmark that you have tucked away in a text book, replace when done.
33. Belt Buckle – You will not believe this is true, but there are calculator belt buckles. If the teacher forbids calculator use, this may come in handy.
34. Replacement Test – Have a friend take a picture of the test (as listed above) and print out the test at home, filled out. Switch the real test for the fake and you will be home free to getting that “A”.
35. Inked Up – Use really light ink on your note cards, from far away the teacher wont be able to see a thing.
36. Black Light – This one is really one for a spy in-training. Use black light ink on your cheat sheet, and have a mini black light to decode the secret cheats.
37. WikiCHEATia – Similar to the Google method, but look in Wikipedia. There is a lot of useful information on these entries.
38. See Through Pen Method – Print a 7 font cheat sheet and put it on the inside of a see through pen.
39. Calculator Case – This one worked out well in the old days. Underneath the paper of a calculator case insert, write down the answers, then slide the paper in place, quick, if the teacher looks.
40. Skirt Method – This one will only work for the ladies. Tape the answers on your thigh and pull up your skirt to sneak a peek.
41. Blank Paper Method – Write down cheats on a piece of paper, but use the paper underneath as the cheat sheet. The imprints leave all you need to cheat. Perfect if scratch paper is allowed.
42. InstaCheat – Take a picture of the textbook, and either go to the bathroom, or peek at your phone for the needed info. 43. Invisible InkIf there is assigned seating, this one is sure to work. Write down the answers on the desk with invisible ink. Decode with a UV light and you are home free.
44. Dictionary Cheat – Use an electric dictionary to save your answers, it can easily be mistaken by a teacher for a calculator.
45. Spy Glasses – If you weren’t a spy already from the previous tips, this cheat will definitely do the honors. Use spy glasses to see a video recording of a friend looking at the answers.
46. Laser Focused – Use a laser pen to reproduce your cheat sheet on your paper. Perfect for the back row of the classroom.
47. Instant Message – Go on Facebook or an instant message app and reach out to anyone who can help. Best if combined with going to the bathroom.
48. Space Hack – If you need to type a 4 page paper, but came up short. Change the spaces between the letters, increase the font of periods, or increase the margins. A little can go a long way. Be discreet.
49. Study – All of these tips are great, but the best way to ensure a great education is to study up before the test.
Actually, putting together a cheat sheet is one sure way to study. Maybe cheating isn’t so bad after all.
The Best Articles from Edusson
The Edusson email digest is a weekly summary of the most popular and inspiring essay-related content. We curate the best so you can stay continually informed.