Why is it important to come up with good narrative essay writing topics?
In most occasions, when students have a task to write a narrative essay, they chose between two options: to use the topic that their tutor proposed or to come up with their own topic. The success of topic choice determines the success of the whole essay. In the event that you cannot do it yourself, college essay help from the best writers you can find here.
No matter what piece of writing you are assigned at your institution, the complete paper must be interesting to read. More important is to choose an essay topic that you will be interested in writing with passion. A narrative essay writing is the only genre of academic writing that allows the writer to expand his imagination and creativity on the fullest. While writing this type of essay you can omit strict structure regulations. That is why students like this essay sub-genre the most.
But the freedom of choice can become a challenge for essay writers. When you are allowed to write anything from your experience, you can stuck on idea deficiency. Some students use the first idea that comes in their head and work on it, but the result is not successful. Because the narrative essay topic must both be appealing to you can interesting to the audience who will read it. So, to give you the basis for topic consideration we provide a list of best ideas for narrative essays. They are organized in subtopics for your convenience. We also give a brief description of each subtopic the make you clearly realize what to write.
Narrative essay topic ideas
Typically, an aim of the narrative essay is to teach you how to tell about your experiences in a literary manner. So, to write a good essay you have to brainstorm all thoughts concerning your life experiences. It can be both negative and positive examples. Try to describe them in as many details as possible to attract readers attention.
- The most embarrassing experience of your life.
- Tell about a frightening experience that you had.
- An experience that showed you real life values.
- An experience that taught me you to appreciate life more.
- An experience that helped me to fight cowardice.
A childhood is a period of bright impressions and first experiences. As children are naive and sincere, they have a tendency to get involved in ridiculous situations. We are sure that you have something interesting to tell about your childhood years. Let the next topic ideas call your memories of situations from childhood that can make a good basis for your narrative essay writing.
- Write about a time when you got hurt on the playground. What happened?
- Tell about a childhood experience that helped you to grow up.
- Did you have a memorable birthday party? Share about what made it memorable.
- Whom you dreamed to be when you were a kid?
- What was your favorite game in childhood and why?
3. School years
The school is a path to the adulthood. A person gets essential knowledge and experience there. School years present challenges that contribute to the development of personality. Your school experience and the challenges you overcame are unique. That is why if you write about studying at a school in your narrative essay you have a chance to be original.
- What was/is your favorite subject t school and why?
- Did some teachers happen to become your role models? Show some examples.
- Tell about first time you took part in mass school event
- The most disastrous event happened at the lesson
- Tell about a teacher you would like to be a friend with
The life of every person is closely connected with relationships. Everybody has personal memories of family, friends and beloved people. Your story about them will always have a private character, so if you are asked to write a narrative essay, relationships is an eternal source of unique ideas.
- Write about friendship breakup you experienced.
- A person you are afraid to lose the most.
- An occasion when you experienced a rejection.
- A comic or ridiculous misunderstanding with another person.
- Tell about the worst quarrel with parents.
In every country, people obey legal laws. But there are other laws that regulate people's lives on a larger scale. They are laws of ethics and morality. Morality has an array of unsolved issues, the solution on which usually presents a choice. Either to do something and keep to rules of ethics, or do the opposite and violate these rules. Essay morality topics are a successful choice because they are always of immediate interest.
- An example of difficult decision you had to make.
- An example of rebellion act from your life.
- Tell about morality problems that bother you and why.
- A negative example of cowardice.
- Tell about something you find your personal morality challenge.
Your interests determine the manner of everything that you create. Usually, the sphere of personal interests consists of hobbies and things that attract the person. To write a narrative essay about your interests ask yourself “What do I enjoy doing?” , “What music do I like to listen”, “How do I prefer to spend my free time?”. It is one of the topics about which you can write with passion. Mind that people enjoy reading texts written passionately.
- Tell about the movie you watched that impressed you significantly.
- Tell about the song that usually touches you emotionally.
- What talent have you always wanted to have and why?
- With which book character do you associate yourself?
- If you were a director, what movie do you want to shot?
Every spot in the world has a story. When you have a trip, the very stage of it is filled with impressions. No matter how many times people visited the seaside or mountains. You have your own journey and you have impressions of it. Why not share it with your readers? Narrative essay format allows you to write even the second Odyssey. Briefly, of course.
- Tell about your first visit to the countryside (or large city, depending on where you from).
- Your favorite transport for traveling.
- Without what things in your suitcase you cannot imagine any trip?
- Where would you like to travel if you had a solid sum of money?
- What is the best place for vacation?
9. Student life
Life in college differs from school years. It is more adventurous and enriched with impressions. You are introduced to new people, subjects, a system of education and living conditions. So, it is a great basis for various epic stories! Starting from situations that happen particularly in college and life twists that tend to occur only during the student years. Student years are considered to be the best in the lifetime, why not to write about them in your narrative essay?
- Tell about the most exhausting exam.
- Speak about the lecture that put much impression on you.
- Tell about the first day you moved in a dorm.
- What was the most impressive hang-out during your college years?
- Tell about what made feel depressed in college.
10. Imagine if…
In narrative essay topic that starts with the words “Imagine If...” usually require creating a story that is possible from your point of view in future. This subtopic is one of the most popular among the students. Because it allows them to make up everything they wish. The entire freedom of imagination!
- Imagine if you had a time machine. What time would you travel?
- Imagine if you were an animal. What animal would you like to be and why?
- Imagine if you were born in another country. Where would you like to be born and why?
- Imagine if you were filthy rich. On what would you spend your money?
- Imagine if you were a comic book character. What superpower would you like to have and why?
I have chosen the topic for my narrative essay. What's next?
After the moment you found the most appealing topic for your writing, you must study carefully the instructions from your institution. Be aware of the size it has to be and start writing the narrative essay outline. Also, check out next writing tips, that will ease the writing process.
Stuck on Your Narrative essay?
Check out these example persuasive essays.Yes! Show me examples
Tips on narrative essay writing:
1. Focus on specific details that are essential to cover the topic. Try to avoid mentioning irrelevant for the topic information.
2. Do not lie or embellish facts. Dig deep into your experience. Readers value the sincerity.
3. Connect your ideas. Use transition words to make your text coherent and easy to read.
4. Do not omit the conclusion. No matter what your topic is, you write a narrative essay to state what did you get from the experience.
5. Write in such a manner, that you will be interested to read it. If you won't like reading it, the text does not worth the attention of the audience.
6. See the limits of your writing. It is obvious that you can tell much about your experience, but you must not overload the reader with information.
7. Be creative. In the narrative essay, you can write in the first person and use different stylistic devices.
8. Follow instructions of your tutor attentively. Because even being a flexible writing genre, the narrative essay needs to be written according to stated patterns.