A reaction or so-called response paper is a type of research paper which includes reading and analyzing of the text or any other piece of information or media content, then writing all your thoughts and feelings about it.
Generally, it is a reaction to a text, but also it can be a response to a controversial question, comprising two related texts, an interview with a famous entrepreneur, or just your impressions of a movie. One should not forget to provide reliable data and appropriate references to justify their arguments and ideas. The following tips can help with essays.
Stuck on Your Travel Essay?
Check out these example Travel essays.
How to Write a Good Reaction Paper
Writing a travel essay can be a difficult task, but with the right custom essay help, it can be an enjoyable experience that you can learn a lot from. It’s a great way to share your personal journey, explore different cultures, and reflect on the world around you.
- The first step includes extensive reading and critical thinking. Analyze everything you read in order to support your ideas in writing. Try to look at things from another perspective and think out of the box.
- It is important to provide justification to your statements as you are to not just summarize the text, but write your own thoughts on the author’s message.
- Collect all the information, question it, and start making evaluative judgments. For instance, you can write out a quotation that may be useful for you.
The topic of your work
- Stick to the orders that your teacher has given you.
- You can be required to provide your thought on almost any perspective of the text. For instance, the instructor can ask you to evaluate or analyze the text, compare characters of the story, give your opinion on different events and decisions of the characters or unveil an idea of the text.
- Do not be afraid to ask questions about the task if you do not understand what the instructor wants to see in the paper.
- The first time you read you only get acquainted with the plot, main characters and the setting of the novel. And only then, after subsequent reading, you start thinking about the task and form your own opinion about the text.
- Consequently, it is important to read over and over again provided piece of information in order to have time to think about it and consider ideas. The more times you reread the text, the more new information and justification you will find useful for your work.
Writing down your ideas
- After a chain of subsequent reading, list down your feelings and thoughts about it, form key points of your assignment using such phrases as I believe…, I thought…, In my opinion…, I suppose… don’t forget to utilize transitions in your essay!
- In the first stage, you can simply comment on various quotations you have written out during reading.
- Ask yourself a question about the text you are analyzing: What is the author’s message? How does the author convey their thematic message? What problems does the author try to draw the reader’s attention to? What does the author tell us about the main characters? In what ways do they use to show the weak and strong sides of the main heroes?
Developing your thesis/Ñlaim
- The thesis is used to demonstrate the importance of your ideas.
- Make the thesis and be brief, so that anyone who reads your work will be able to understand the content and the problem of your research.
- Do not forget that your thesis reflects what you are going to analyze and evaluate thus be sure that you have enough evidence and justification to support your argument.
Determining the scope and the structure of your paper
- Reaction paper has the same basic format as any other type of work: an introduction paragraph, several body paragraphs, and a conclusion paragraph.
- Reread your notes with evaluations and comments on the author’s thematic message and choose the ideas that you like the most. Gather them into topics that you will turn into paragraphs.
- Every paragraph starts with a reaction or a quotation. Comment on the author’s ideas, contrast them with your own ideas and then provide evidence to justify your arguments.
Write the main parts of the paper.
- The introduction includes the name of the text, the author’s name, and the thesis. Make sure that you have all these statements in your first paragraph.
- In the body, paragraphs state your opinion, discuss the key points of your research, and provide evaluative judgments of the text. Include your own opinion to justify the thesis of the paper.
- The conclusion is a way, to sum up your ideas and your last chance to make a good impression. Consequently, it is important to return to the thesis in the introduction (do not paraphrase it, try to come up with the solution) or provide a question for further thinking.
- As a final step, you should proofread your work in order to correct all grammatical and spelling mistakes and punctuation errors. Remove any unnecessary words.
- Make sure that your paper includes cohesive reaction and is written due to the teacher’s instructions.
- Find a person that will become your essay rater or essay editor to provide a double-check before the submission.
How to Write an Essay about Traveling
Developing the topic of your essay
- This basic step is the most important as it directs your further research. First of all, you should gather all the facts you know about traveling and analyze your own experience.
- An essay about traveling can be practically about anything: rules that should be remembered during the trip, the unforgettable experience, your own ideas and dreams, the ways of traveling, and so on.
- Make sure that you can support the chosen essay topic with facts from your life and reliable statistical data, otherwise, it may affect your grade and the general power of your ideas.
Structure your essay
Divide your paper into the following parts:
- The introduction should include a thesis statement that reflects the main idea of your essay. For instance, if you choose to write about hitchhiking, you can use the following thesis, “Although hitchhiking is considered to be the cheapest and the most popular way of traveling among young people, one should remember that the danger of hitchhiking has recently increased”.
- Unveil your strongest ideas in the body paragraphs and support it with evidence. Try to find the solution to the problem of your essay and provide your own opinion about it.
- As the last part of your essay, the conclusion should include your final statement and the question for further discussion.
- Develop a captivating title to draw the reader’s attention. Your title should persuade people to read your work till the end. Use no more than 8 words in your title.
- Do not forget to proofread your paper and check it on spelling and grammatical errors. Avoid punctuation mistakes and repetitive words.
- Analyze your language. Do not use contractions or low-flown vocabulary.
- Make sure that your paragraphs unveil the main idea of the essay stated in the thesis.
Travel Essay Sample
The Benefits of Traveling
Traveling is one of the most popular activities and is a great way to spend free time or vacation. In addition, it helps to clear mind after the months of hard work and opens a new view of things. So, is it just a way to relax or something more? Can people benefit from traveling?
All around the world people gather together and travel to other countries in order to learn something new and have a nice rest. However, during the trip, a brave adventurer can face various obstacles and is supposed to deal with them, and find the solution. That is how people gain priceless experience which they cannot learn from books. Travelers can see themselves from the other side and learn how to cope with difficult unexpected situations. For instance, looking for a railroad station without a map or any knowledge of the language can be a very demanding task for the tourist and requires special abilities. Moreover, it is a great chance to meet new people and develop your communication skills.
As a matter of fact, traveling can change the worldview of a person and the regular way of thinking. People get up from the couch, step out of their comfort zone and pack their stuff in order to explore other countries and new cultures. Naturally, it can be hugely stressful to a person, nevertheless, it is a great opportunity to change lives for good. While traveling, it is important to visit national museums and galleries as it will help to understand the mentality of the country and start seeing things from another perspective. Cultural exchange is an essential part of traveling that helps to develop personality and create new unforgettable memories.
To sum up, traveling is not just entertainment or a way to relax, but a great chance to open your world to new possibilities and gain immeasurable experience.
Best Travel Essay Topics List for 2023
With some thoughtful planning, you can easily do a homework for you and put together an engaging and informative paper. Start by researching possible topics and brainstorming ideas. Research is key to any successful reaction paper or travel essay, so gather as much material as you can to get started. Once you have your research organized, the next step is to organize your thoughts into an outline and begin writing. With a little hard work, your reaction paper or travel essay will be sure to impress. If you consider travel essay writing, these topics will be useful for you:
- Pros and cons of couchsurfing: meet and stay with locals from every part of the world.
- What does traveling influence person?
- If you were going to stay on an island and could take a few items with you, what would it be and why?
- What was the best traveling experience for you and why?
- What are the rules you should remember about when you are going on a trip?
- If you could travel back in time which century would you choose and which places of interest would you visit and why?
- Describe the worst vacation you have ever had. What actions would you take to prevent this from happening again?
- If you had a chance to travel anywhere you want, which place would you choose and why?
- The importance of traveling with your friends.
- The benefits of traveling alone.
- Describe the time when you traveled alone. What obstacles did you face? Did you learn something new about yourself?
- Tips for safe hitchhiking.
- My first experience of hitchhiking.
- What you should know about hitchhiking in my country.
- Have you ever considered working as a guide? Which city would you choose to work?
- Name advantages and disadvantages of the profession of a guide.
- Which way of traveling do you consider the most comfortable and why?
- The benefits of traveling by car.
- Name pros and cons of traveling by air.
- The advantages and disadvantages of traveling by sea.
- My first trip by train. The benefits of traveling by train.
- Write tips for a person who wants to visit your hometown.
- Compare reading books and traveling. Which way is more reliable to learn about the world?
- What can you learn about different cuisines while traveling?
- Have you ever dreamt about space travel? What would it be like?
These travel essay topics are a great way to get inspired to write a great paper and can sometimes be challenging to come up with. To help, professional essay writers know the importance of researching extensively and having a clear structure before they start writing. Doing this will ensure you have the perfect reaction paper that reflects your thoughts and experiences.