This article will consider what a philosophical essay is and what philosophy essay topics are. We will consider how one type of paper differs from another. In addition, we will tell you by what criteria and how to choose a topic for your essay and give some ideas and examples of philosophy essay topics (created with our professional) to practice.
What Is a Philosophy Essay?
Philosophy is one of the oldest sciences that arose with the first intelligent thought of man. The concept of “philosophy” is translated as “search for truth.”
How much do we want to know about this world and its order or disorder if we succeed? How necessary is this knowledge for us? Any academic writing that defends a claim that can be proven valid can be considered a philosophy essay.
Argumentative philosophy essay topics follow a strictly basic format that must always be considered. When you write, you present your statement or fact as a reality throughout the essay.
Throughout the article, the writer seeks to defend his statement and provide a wide range of facts that support it.
How to Come Up With a Topic For the Philosophy Essay?
The first challenge of writing a philosophy essay is choosing a philosophy paper topics. The first step in selecting good philosophy paper topics is choosing the most appropriate field of study within philosophy. It is necessary to apply critical thinking in knowledge, which concerns the five branches of philosophy, metaphysics, epistemology, ethics, politics, and aesthetics.
The topic cannot be interesting only exciting, but rather a complex concept that is not obvious and can withstand a thorough scientific investigation.
Good Philosophy Essay Topics
These ideas are classic but, at the same time, well suited to modern philosophical questions. By choosing one of these philosophy topics for essays, you can reveal one or another relevant philosophical question that is relevant nowadays.
- Being, substance, and matter: What is movement? What is space for you? What is the time?
- The problem of “dialogue” between a person and computer systems.
- Consciousness is a necessary condition for the restoration of culture.
- Is it possible to know the world altogether?
- Man and woman: equal or unequal?
- Death penalty: to be or not to be?
- Under what conditions do you consider euthanasia acceptable?
- Nonviolence is a categorical moral prohibition.
- The problem of human death and immortality.
- Modern civilization and childbirth. Your attitude to abortion.
- Childfree and large families.
- Artificial insemination, surrogate motherhood, adoption, or loneliness?
- Your mindset to monogamy and polygamy.
- Religion and atheism in the 21st century.
- Unequal marriage: pros and cons.
- Love and love. Do we know how to love?
- Man and nature: unity or opposition?
- Gender diversity in the 21st century.
- Parents in the life of an adult.
- Nationalism or cosmopolitanism: Which ideology is relevant in today’s world?
Easy Philosophy Essay Topics
The philosophy topics ideas below are suitable for beginners or people for whom philosophy is not the science they study at the university. These easy philosophy paper topics can lead you to specific philosophical thoughts, but creating a unique essay on one of them will not be difficult.
- How does music affect the way we live?
- Big money in sports is the essence of competition.
- Maslow’s hierarchy of needs – is it relevant in the 21st century?
- Personality tests – help you find yourself or drive you to limits.
- Traumatic events should be openly discussed, not hidden.
- Are people who love animals generally kinder and more optimistic?
- Is it true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder?
- For or against keeping animals in zoos?
- How can technology be used to preserve the environment?
- Describe how you made the decision about which career to choose.
- Should modern education eliminate evaluation systems – yes or no?
- A phrase that changed my life.
- What is the difference between courage and fear?
- What internal prisons have you already built from your fears?
- Are people inherently more good or bad?
Political Philosophy Essay Topics
Politics is an integral part of our life. These essay topics will help you look at ethical issues of critical social component from a philosophical point of view. By writing philosophy paper topics from this list, you will be able to understand better what politics is. So check these expository essay ideas.
- Reasons for high unemployment.
- Is money a tool or the goal of life?
- Why do athletes become more socially active and proactive?
- My ambitions are how I see my life in 10 years.
- What does it take to become a politician?
- In the world, everyone in it will do their own thing.
- The development of the world is a chain of transformations of possibility into reality.
- Social ontology. Image of flat ontologies.
- We don’t have time to be ourselves.
- The concept of fact in modern politic
- Concept of person, individual in politics.
- The concept of experiment in politics.
- Humans as the main subject of political analysis
- The concept of equilibrium in modern political philosophy.
- The concept of risk in politics.
Ancient Greek Philosophical Topics for Essays
Mentioned below are philosophy topics to write a paper on your own for those who want to know more about the most magnificent world’s philosophy period. So, check these narrative essay topics, which can help better grasp that period.
- Rational knowledge is supplemented by wisdom as an understanding of people’s life experiences.
- The thoughts of the sophists (Protagoras, Gorgias, Antiphon, etc.).
- Man is the measure of all things.
- Is everything wrong in cognition?
- Nothing exists, and if it does exist, it is incomprehensible.
- A person should take care of himself first of all.
- Is self-knowledge a requirement of reason?
- Goodness begins with presentation and knowledge of it.
- The sense organs give us information only about unrealities.
- Being exists, and non-being does not have the unity of matter and form.
Philosophy Of Mind Essay Topics
These interesting philosophy paper topics often relate to the human mind, the study of the depths of human understanding of specific issues. Writing an essay on one of these topics will enable you to comprehend how the mind works from a philosophical perspective. If you feel you have little experience with such topics, you can get help from custom essay writing services.
- The nature and essence of man: Freedom, choice, and responsibility
- Man in biological and social dimensions
- Meaning of life. Death and immortality.
- The concept of risk in classical science.
- The idea of risk in non-classical science.
- The concept of sustainability in modern science.
- The idea of the soul in European science.
- The concept of the mind in Eastern science.
- How does Eastern science understand “internal” knowledge?
- “Everything was old; everything will happen again.” O. Mandelstam
Modern Philosophy Paper Topics
While studying the phenomenon of modernism in philosophy, it is possible to single out several questions that need explanation: this is the problem of the chronological status of modernism, the relationship between modernism and the modern, the prerequisites for the emergence of modernism, the connotations of modernism and its essential features. Also, you can ask some professionals to help you with writing a philosophy paper. Examining our suggested essay topics will allow you better understand these questions.
- The transition of philosophy to other principles of self-determination. Concepts of marginality and liminality
- The philosophy of cinema. The theory of photography by S. Sontag, R. Barth, and V. Fluser
- Linguistic turn – the transition of philosophy to a concept value.
- Iconic, visual turn / from the power of ideologues to the power of hieroglyphs.
- The speech factor of polarization of modern philosophical science.
- Problems and concepts of analytical philosophical science.
- The main directions and problematic field of continental philosophical science.
- Postpostmodernism: conditions of emergence and approaches to classification.
- Postmodernism as pure proceduralism and postmodernism as reflection
Argumentative Philosophy Essay Topics
These essay topics require specific skills and a certain level of knowledge from the author. If the topics presented in the previous sections seem too easy for you, we advise you to choose one of these. Also, you can ask for some assistance from an argumentative essay writer.
Philosophy of Science Essay Topics
The topics we gathered for you will help you gain a deeper understanding of the science of philosophy. Writing philosophy papers on one of these topics requires some scientific knowledge, so we advise you to think carefully before you start to write your philosophy paper.
- Social conditions of formation of philosophical science.
- Spiritual sources of philosophical science.
- Correlation between philosophical and generally scientific methods.
- The subject of philosophical science and its historical evolution.
- How does worldview determine worldview?
- Philosophy is a unique form of social consciousness.
- Forms and methods of philosophical science.
- Prove that philosophy is a methodology of scientific knowledge.
- How the “main question of philosophical science” is transformed within the limits of the theory of knowledge.
- The relationship between ideology and politics.
Every essay topic in this article can help students better understand philosophy as a science, proving that interesting philosophy exists. So look at our lists of philosophy essay topics and choose the one or a few you like the most.