Paper writing process has many levels. Some people think that the hardest one is to cite the paper according to format. Well, it may be truth, but the problem of formatting becomes not so serious if you just lack ideas about what to write. When teacher assign a task, that always mention a type of writing that students must do (like a persuasive essay, or a research paper), but the task about what to write lays 100% on the shoulders of a student. But what to do, if sudden creative block obstructs you? Go at the website that writes essays for you (LIKE Edusson) at observe essay topics and research paper ideas provided by our outstanding writers.
Are you looking for easy argumentative essay topics or compare and contrast essay topics for college students? Or, your aim is to find good research paper topics? Well, this mission is easy to complete at Edusson! Our group of writers have a bunch of creative ideas on this issue and they are welcome to share them with you. Bear in mind that every teacher evaluates writing according to different aspects, and original topic will definitely make you paper stand out! We already have a large base of topic ideas and regularly enrich it with new content.
Essay Topics by Category
There are plenty essay types, and the character of their topics depends on the specifics of each type. Whilst persuasive and argumentative essay topics may seem to be identical, cause and effect and narrative essay topics are completely different.
- Is there too much pressure on teenagers to go to college?
- Should more rights be given to immigrants?
- Do TV shows and movies have the responsibility of being more diverse?
- How “fake news” trend changes a political and social life?
- How do reality shows impact society?
- Should the United States make English the official national language?
- Should students be allowed to use phones in elementary and high schools?
- Should all American citizens have to complete a year of community service?
- Should teenage girls be allowed to get birth control without the permission of their parents?
- Is it the time to reform immigration laws?
- Should children who commit violent crimes be tried as adults?
- Compare and contrast essay topics (learn more from the link)
- Antebellum Era vs. Reconstruction Era in American History
- Similarities and differences between Star Wars and Star Trek
- Cats vs. dogs: which ones make better pets
- New England Colonies vs. Middle Colonies OR vs. Southern Colonies
- Communism vs. Capitalism
- What is the effect of family vacations on family relationships?
- What effect did human curiosity in relation to our planet?
- What are causes of environmental catastrophes?
- How technology development affects on the state of nature?
- What are causes of technological advancements in Japan?
Narrative essay topics (there are over 50 topics waiting for your attention!)
- Write about a time when you got hurt on the playground. What happened?
- An example of rebellion act from your life.
- Tell about morality problems that bother you and why.
- A negative example of cowardice.
- Tell about something you find your personal morality challenge.
- Expository essay topics (click to check out 50+ remaining topics)
- Explain the social significance of wearing a uniform at school.
- Explain the possible consequences of dropping out of college.
- Describe the changes in communication in the last 20 years since the internet emerged.
- Explain why the tolerance in a workplace is crucial.
- Define the causes and effects of not voting in the elections
Essay Topics By Subject
During the course of any subject, teachers ask to write essays of different types, concerning one general theme. The huge variety of subtopics that cover general themes can confuse a student and take much time to make up a good essay topic. We created guides on how to write essays on general themes with lists of the most working essay topics.
- Causes of Eating Disorders and Obesity;
- How to manage Anorexia and Bulimia Nervosa;
- The Effect of Feminism on Anorexic Women Phenomenon;
- The importance of traveling with your friends.
- The benefits of traveling alone.
- Describe the time when you traveled alone. What obstacles did you face? Did you learn something new about yourself?
- Modern and classic architecture – whose side you’re on?
- Why should we go to opera in XXI century?
- Van Gogh as a modern style icon;
Checklist for Choosing an Essay Topic
The checklist below will help you narrow down the essay topic choice and find a subject to discuss throughout your paper.
- Brainstorm with other students to generate multiple potential ideas
- Write down every idea you think of
- Go through the list and select a few essay topics you'd like to discuss
- Research the selected topics to see whether you can find enough evidence to support the claims you’ll make in an essay
- Narrow down your topic search and find ideal subject to write about answering these questions:
- Can you finish the paper in the time available?
- Can you reach the specified word count with that topic?
- Can you get access to the resources you need for the paper with that title?
- Does the topic allow me to demonstrate my understanding of the subject?
- Does the topic allow me to demonstrate my writing skills properly?
- Am I motivated enough for this topic?